It is currently 24 Nov 2017 16:31

Farina newbie

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

level7

Re: Farina newbie

Post02 May 2016 09:26

So done some investigating and I can get caliper mounts made to bolt onto the drum stubs so just need to do some measuring and hopefully can have a solution soon to fit any aftermarket mini disk brakes (pcd is same as the farina so just need to check bearing size availability) this would mean I can fit 8.4" vented 4 pots from minisport 8-)

dave the rave

Site Admin

Post03 May 2016 15:40

Still think it'll be a lot more straightforward fitting Midget gear. All available over here, a bit expensive to get it i know, but all straight bolt on.
In my opinion, 8.4" vented discs and 4 pot calipers are way over the top............unless you're fitting a tuned/modded V8 etc.

level7

Post04 May 2016 21:22

By using caliper brackets it outs still a "bolt on swap" for me to get the parts needed for the spridget swap here in nz will cost almost double what the mini kit does by time I have recond all the second hand parts. As far as the vented 4pots being over the top they are pretty much standard fare on minis with a 1275 fitted in fact they were factory fitted to metros which are both smaller lighter cars than the .

dave the rave

Site Admin

Post05 May 2016 12:58

Ah, fair enough. Didn't realise the 4 pots were the Metro ones. ( Shoulda known....i've chuffin got one.......... :oops: :oops: ).
That being the case, obviously far cheaper than air freighting Midget bits, which, as you say, will all need reconning !

level7

Post11 May 2016 10:38

Ok update, I was talking with a local mini morris mg guru today and he told me he used to race an a 40 farina which he fitted daimler disk brakes to (the old 2.5v8 car ones). Custom caliper mounts have been priced and are around $100 nz dollars so looking good, I can probably get mounts made to match the mounting position of the spridget brakes then I can just get disks etc to suit over here.
Previous

Return to Welcome