It is currently 19 Nov 2017 03:00

New Forum Member

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

johnsinclair

New Forum Member

Post05 Jul 2016 13:32

Hi All,

I'm about to retire and have long admired the looks and performance (good for the period) of the A40 Farina so I'm keeping a lookout for an early pre-60 model to restore, maintain and enjoy.

I'm not obsessive about originality but I've no wish to start modifying a nice example but might change a few minor things like fitting an alternator, fog-lamp and perhaps fitting disc brakes but would always keep and preserve original parts to pass on to a future owner.

I'll update this when I track down a car and post some 'as purchased' photos and perhaps start a blog.

Regards to you all

John S

PDG

Site Admin

Re: New Forum Member

Post05 Jul 2016 13:59

look forward to hearing more from you.
Paul Howell

Keith Bennett

Post05 Jul 2016 18:34

A warm welcome to you, John. Probably the best place to begin would be to check our site's Cars for Sale threads in which - although we can't give precise opinions on the vehicles linked to - at least will be a good start. I see your interests lie more in the Mk1s. They're simple old birds to tackle providing the body is relatively sound and they come in two guises - saloon and Countryman; the latter commanding higher prices due to their scarcity (Countrymen were often worked to death due to their ability to carry large/heavy loads).

You may consider joining our Club - for a derisory annual subscription of £15 you will gain access to very competitively priced spares and specially re-manufactured mechanical and bodywork items. Plus a really wonderful, amazing, entertaining, good value quarterly magazine called Farina News (okay, okay, I'm biased - I'm the editor!)

Whatever you choose, I'm sure we all wish you a long and happy relationship with an A40 Farina.

RONV

Post05 Jul 2016 18:40

Hi John, welcome lots of A40s on car and classics for sale a member will be in Liverpool next weekend for the car show near the Albert Dock and Liver Building. Ron.

dave the rave

Site Admin

Post07 Jul 2016 21:32

Welcome John. Keep us informed on your search. We're here to help. Do hope you'll join the club too. Our spares service is second to none !!

johnsinclair

Post19 Jul 2016 08:33

Hi all of the above. Only just found all your welcomes and advice as I'm just learning how the site works. Yes I will be joining the club and hope to meet up with members both local and further afield at events.

Still scanning the internet for ads.

Keith Bennett

Post25 Jul 2016 08:47

Good hunting!

stoney13

Post03 Aug 2016 19:42

welcome john, im from somerset and im should we will meet up at some point, as most have said our spares are second to none even for that hard to find part, i wish you well and hope to see you in the future ;)
EMA KAY - K- zoid racing ( A40 s/w group & Avon Austineer)

Return to Welcome