It is currently 24 Nov 2017 16:17

fitting a servo to a a40

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

Peterhudson09

fitting a servo to a a40

Post27 Feb 2017 19:38

Hi my father who is disabled and hasnt got a lot of strength to press the brake pedal, would benifit from a brake servo conversion . does anybody know how this is done or anywhere he could get the work done
many thanks

dave the rave

Site Admin

Re: fitting a servo to a a40

Post28 Feb 2017 10:21

Hi Peter, and welcome. Here's a pic of my servo. It's the same type as a 60s Mini Cooper S, Vanden Plas 1300 etc. This type is a "remote" one. Also, there's the later Metro type which is combined with the brake master cylinder. This is a bit more involved in fitting, due to the master cylinder being combined. One of our members has fitted the metro servo set-up, hopefully he'll be along with pics and info.
Depends where you live as to where it might be done. Best to get local recommendations. The remote system is relatively straightforward though.

brake servo 002.jpg

Peterhudson09

Post14 Mar 2017 19:21

hi Dave, thanks for your reply. my Dad is a skilled mechanic so between us we should be able to manage it as it seems fairly simple to do we hope to go to a few shows this year, (I have a kitcar) we are from the Essex area

ONCE AGAIN MANY THANKS :

stoney13

Post16 Mar 2017 19:40

hi peter and welcome, if you have mechanical knowledge, the remote one is very easy to fit as it can be fitted almost any where their is space, the only bit that will take a bit of time is drilling into the intake manifold for vacuum, i belive that mini spares uk have a complete kit and full instructions for fitting to a mini which in mechanical terms can be adapted to fit our cars. ;)
EMA KAY - K- zoid racing ( A40 s/w group & Avon Austineer)

Return to Welcome