It is currently 17 Nov 2017 19:02

Just rejoined

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

Claireysmurf

Just rejoined

Post29 Apr 2017 16:27

I was so impressed with Keith Bennett's facial hair that I have rejoined the club. Can I have access to the dark side please? I'm MN3382 but have had no acknowledgement of my subs yet.
Thanks awfully

stoney13

Re: Just rejoined

Post29 Apr 2017 20:51

mmmmmmmmm. im not sure you are ready for the dark side again 8-)
EMA KAY - K- zoid racing ( A40 s/w group & Avon Austineer)

Chairman Ed

Post30 Apr 2017 06:20

I have checked the latest membership list as supplied yesterday and there is no record of your rejoining as yet.

This could be because all new / rejoining memberships now have to go before the committee first for formal approval.

Claireysmurf

Post30 Apr 2017 06:58

Chairman Ed wrote:I have checked the latest membership list as supplied yesterday and there is no record of your rejoining as yet.

This could be because all new / rejoining memberships now have to go before the committee first for formal approval.

This level of bureaucracy in the club makes me very sad, and is not the welcome new and rejoining members should get. I hope i get approved.

Chairman Ed

Post30 Apr 2017 10:12

Sad you may be Claire but some of us have lived through some tough times in this club and we have no desire to repeat the process hence the need for approval. This is quite normal and something I have been subject to personally when joining other clubs. I do not see that our club has any more bureaucracy than other clubs, in fact a lot less.

Keith Bennett

Post30 Apr 2017 11:16

Had to laugh at the fact me beard is the reason for you to rejoin us, Claire! It was really good to catch up with you at Longbridge a couple of weeks ago, and I just wish there'd been more time for a natter. Anyhoo, many thanks for coming back into the fold although I'm very sorry you think we have too much bureaucracy but, as Ed very rightly says, we (ie the committee) decided to protect ourselves from mischief-makers and others trying to rake up past issues - which are now totally resolved - by keeping an eye on who joins and who doesn't.

I accept it seems harsh but please believe me when I say it isn't personal. I remember that when you were attempting to sell some personal spares some years ago you had quite a bumpy ride at the hands of a few members who were protecting their own interests, and the committee back then came down firmly on your side. Our Club is now a much more go-ahead, transparent and busy place.

So far as no acknowledgment of subs received yet, this is totally down to the fact our temporary membership secretary (who generously stepped into the post after the unexpected death of John Dickin just before our annual subs became due) is up to his ears in getting to grips with the system, processing the renewal forms and the various methods of payment. Be patient - we're all volunteers. Must go now - got a beard to trim!

Return to Welcome