It is currently 21 Nov 2017 15:28

New member across the pond

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

Ben Morong

New member across the pond

Post21 Jun 2017 17:38

Hello to all -- Just acquired a 1960 A40 Farina Countryman and will soon need advice, commiseration and moral support. I've had Sprites/Midgets since 1966; we currently have a '69 Midget sorted out over the past 24 years and now a reliable driver, a '62 Sprite shell that needs floorboards and more, and then this sad little orphan; when she's all buffed up we may call her Annie. She needs floors and patches (basically lots of new metal), running gear, interior -- but for now I'll practice my welding skills on the Sprite; after that I'll attack this, the biggest project I can imagine. Prayers welcome.

Chairman Ed

Re: New member across the pond

Post21 Jun 2017 19:05

Welcome to A40 ownership. Please update on progress when you are able.

Claireysmurf

Post22 Jun 2017 07:22

Welcome. Photos please. Before, during AND after :)

Keith Bennett

Post22 Jun 2017 15:50

Ben, thanks so much for rescuing your orphan; a Mk1 Countryman is a very desirable A40 and are quite rare. You'll discover that in time these funny little cars will worm their way into the family's affections, and it's almost impossible to drive anywhere before total strangers begin smiling at you, or accosting you with tales of "we had one of those, once". (In the early production years of the A40 Farina many were shipped to the 'States although in hindsight it seemed a very curious choice of car to woo American motorists normally used to vast and considerably more powerful machinery.)

I do hope you'll consider joining our Club; we sell top-quality spares at low markup for quick return, and have commissioned the main repair panels which are made to a high spec. The application form is here on the website for downloading. And, as Claire says, do consider posting progress and photos onto this site - as editor of the Club's quarterly house magazine "Farina News" I often "lift" news from the site and publish it in the magazine.

Right, commercial break over! With luck the A40 won't take you anything like 24 years to fettle and will, I'm sure, give you a lot of fun.

Mike Hodgson

Post22 Jun 2017 15:54

KB he is m/n 3946 (wasted commercial :lol: )
Mike H.

Keith Bennett

Post22 Jun 2017 16:01

Oops! (Still, you can't blame me for trying!)

stoney13

Post27 Jun 2017 19:28

welcome ben, dont forget most parts from the midget/sprite fit the farina, so to give it a little more grunt and stopping power, good luck with the build, cant remember where you said you were from ???
EMA KAY - K- zoid racing ( A40 s/w group & Avon Austineer)

Return to Welcome