It is currently 17 Nov 2017 19:13

Recent new members

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

eskimo

Re: Recent new members

Post14 Mar 2016 07:25

Thanks Stoney, there's a bit of English ford stuff still about, I'll keep that in mind.

Riley the Elf

Post28 Oct 2016 14:05

Hi all.
Joined a few weeks ago but have been lurking in the shadows. No A40 as yet but I'm sure that once I know what I am talking about then one will appear in due course. I just wanted to say Hi and thank you for letting me join. Maybe full membership once I am up to my arms in rust, sweat and oil. Current stable includes a 65 Hillman Superminx and a Audi coupe quattro, so as you can see, variety is the spice of life. Catch you all soon.

Jake ~ Riley the Elf

GeoffYates

Post28 Oct 2016 15:20

Hi jake
Welcome its worth joining the club for all the free advice and the spares scheme as the club has managed to remanufacture some of the more obsolete items that are not on any other cars,and I'm sure you'll soon find the a 40 that you are looking for and then the fun begins no joking aside they draw a lot of attention as they are getting quite scares considering that they were manufactured in the thousands

Geoff

Keith Bennett

Post28 Oct 2016 18:42

Yes, hello Jake and thanks for joining us. There are two models across the range; the saloon and the Countryman (the one with the lifting-up rear screen). These are usually the dearer of the two to buy, and the Mark 1 seems to attract more attention than the Mark 2. Good hunting!!

Chairman Ed

Post01 Nov 2016 09:23

Welcome Jake.

Hope you find a car soon.

stoney13

Post01 May 2017 16:55

mr Frankenstein, hi mate hows you doing dude ???
EMA KAY - K- zoid racing ( A40 s/w group & Avon Austineer)

oldvwguy

Post08 Aug 2017 00:51

Hello Gang, I am a new member to your site, and would like to say Hey . I just bought two 1961 A 40,s , They are very rare here in Canada and I found two in the same place ?. I was looking for a a30 or a 35 and found the pair about 200 K from my home, one is a basket case and the other is pretty much rust free.they haven't been on the road since 1988 . I have been into English Fords and Morris Minors for years, I even have a couple vw bugs. hope to chat with you all soon.

Regards Jim Daley

PDG

Site Admin

Post08 Aug 2017 10:26

oldvwguy wrote:Hello Gang, I am a new member to your site, and would like to say Hey . I just bought two 1961 A 40,s , They are very rare here in Canada and I found two in the same place ?. I was looking for a a30 or a 35 and found the pair about 200 K from my home, one is a basket case and the other is pretty much rust free.they haven't been on the road since 1988 . I have been into English Fords and Morris Minors for years, I even have a couple vw bugs. hope to chat with you all soon.

Regards Jim Daley

Lovely to hear from you Jim, have you thought of joining the club, we have members all over the world, whilst the prospect of you popping along to one of our gatherings is perhaps somewhat remote membership buys you our quaterly magazine which is almost the same as being at a gathering, and is perhaps the backbone of our club communication wise, the other advantages are technical advice access to the club side forums and best of all access to our spares project run by Derek Minter. Through his endevours we have been able to invest in moulds for quaterlight rubbers windscreen (shield) rubbers and many parts that are unique to the A40 Farina, and of course Derek is well used to shipping worldwide. I will look forward to heaing more from you and if you decide to join, use the about tab on the home page to dow load the form, fill it in scan it and e mail it to Colin, our membership secretary.
Paul Howell

Keith Bennett

Post09 Aug 2017 09:39

Wot-ho Jim, thanks for finding us! Rest assured you're in fine company and there'll be plenty of advice to see you through the sometimes dark days of restoring an A40 or two ! What are yours - saloon or Countryman models? My own '58 Mk1 saloon is the daily driver (since 1966) alongside the '72 Westfalia Continental conversion and between them they've formed a perfect partnership over many years.

A40 & VW garaged.jpg
As has been the case since their inception, the Volkswagen commercials have always had the edge over competitors by being just that tad smaller while still retaining plenty of load space. One benefit of course is that they'll fit into most household garages!

Best wishes from another "oldVWguy" !

Claireysmurf

Post09 Aug 2017 12:59

Keith, aren't your vehicles parked the wrong way around or do you like sliding across to drive? :)
PreviousNext

Return to Welcome