It is currently 22 Oct 2018 15:58

Recent new members

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

dave the rave

Site Admin

Re: Recent new members

Post13 May 2018 10:22

To gain access to the clubs extensive range of spares, you will need to join the club.[/quote]

The deed he be done Ed :D

Chairman Ed

Post13 May 2018 16:44

Brilliant. Welcome, welcome

rourke

Post11 Jul 2018 13:22

hi there from South Africa. I am in the know of a a40 farina just standing on a farm. A barn find of sorts . And i know that there are not plenty of the a40 farina around SA as iv only every seen like 3 . Im not sure if its the mk1 or face lift model. It was a old mans car that has past on so the wife wants to sell it to me. I think she said around 224 British pounds is what the rand value eqates too. The old man never started it in about 20 years i take it but he said the motor was overalled head work done etc. He said the car was standing because of a busted diff. Now im 31 years old and im not that knowledgeable . I had 2minis for about a year 1 driving but needed work and floor rusted etc and 1 just a body no papers that have just been resprayed etc . I sold them and no looking back i regret that but both never had proper paperwork. I love cars. The a40 farina looks to be sold but might have rust in the usual places. Its gone need a diff and engine check . So what do you guys think is the price worth it? also i dont think there is paperwork and it sure cant be on the sytem. also with there being so little of these cars around i dought ill find a diff and might be looking for an alternative. :ugeek:

Chairman Ed

Post12 Jul 2018 09:17

Always difficult to value any car without seeing it but the price you mention is so cheap that it is worth taking a chance on.

If you choose to join our club, you will access to our extensive range of spares including bodywork repair panels.

dave the rave

Site Admin

Post12 Jul 2018 09:25

Agreed............that's cheap. It would have had a 4.2 or 4.5 diff. Neither are difficult to locate, especially the 4.2.
To distinguish between Mk1s & Mk2s........the Mk2 grille finished "under" the headlights. Mk1s had a grey coloured dashboard. Early Mk2 dashboards were black, later Mk2s were painted to look like wood. A Countryman has an upwards opening back window. Also, the rear side windows don't open on a basic model of either Mks.

stoney13

Post16 Jul 2018 07:44

hi rourke, yes its worth a punt on it for that price, the diff.....you can use the diffs from an a30/35, morris minor, mg midget or a40, the only thing is you cant use the half shafts as they are different sizes you can only use shaft from an a40farina, i bet its one of the shafts thats gone and not the diff as the diffs are a hardy bit of kit, best of luck with your purchase. ;)
EMA KAY - racing ( A40 s/w group & Wessex group)
Previous

Return to Welcome