It is currently 22 Nov 2017 07:18

News from Scotty

Spares "news" & "club info" headlines
  • Author

stoney13

Re: News from Scotty

Post07 Jun 2017 15:59

thats really not fair as im well the family are at nostalgia nationals @ Shakespeare county raceway that weekend and no ausy wont be there ither. but im with the outlaw Anglia crew that weekend :D
EMA KAY - K- zoid racing ( A40 s/w group & Avon Austineer)

Keith Bennett

Post08 Jun 2017 08:47

Ow wow stoney, it took scotty and me weeks to settle on a date when we knew you couldn't be there! The day will be curiously quiet without ya. Good news is, read all abaht it in September's FN. Oh, and I hope the sun shines on the Nostalgia Nationals for you and the crew.

gunnerbrat

Post10 Jun 2017 14:36

Hi Scotty and Keith
Thanks for both of your replies. Yes that event on 25th June I have just spotted in our 'Farina News' and I did think it possible t 'show my face' - not easy as I have to cross at Darford and come back via 'Betty's Bridge'. But possible via A11 not well known by us Southern members! I could of course bring my Standard Ensign SL file with me in the hope that you Scotty could copy it and be able to read it? Some people who profess to be fabricators seem not to be able to open that type of file that is in compressed format I believe. Many thanks for the detail of the panel making process and its good news that you would consider supporting most marques. Thanks.

scotty

Post12 Jun 2017 08:51

Happy to see you and see what we can do.

scotty

Post20 Jun 2017 17:38

Just for information. Simon now has to be elsewhere on the 25th. BBQ will not be used. My wife Sue is now in charge of the food. Coffee tea and biscuits on arrival.At lunch time a cold buffet of sandwiches, quiche, sausage rolls, cheese and biscuits and nibbles. Along with all the tea and coffee you can drink. Should still be a good day.
Last edited by scotty on 21 Jun 2017 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

stoney13

Post21 Jun 2017 12:28

dang scotty mate you will have to have another do, as im missing all that tea and bicies :D
EMA KAY - K- zoid racing ( A40 s/w group & Avon Austineer)

Keith Bennett

Post22 Jun 2017 15:52

Poor old Simon probably couldn't face us lot descending on his patch! Tell him we're sorry we'll miss him, but the good news is that there'll be more grub for the rest of us! Looking forward to seeing you and meeting Sue.

scotty

Post23 Jun 2017 07:52

This is just how it goes. Collected the Derby Bentley from the shippers in the morning, this had just returned from the Paris Prague Rally. owner came down in the afternoon to collect his things in his 25/30 Rolls, sounded a bit odd, quick check with compression tester and bore scope, head gasket blown out between 5 and 6. Quick oil and filter change on Bentley to give the owner a drive home, Head off the Rolls as it was due to go to the Roll Royce Enthusiasts Club Annual Rally at Burghley House today through to Sunday. Late afternoon a call from another customer who asked us to get a bunch of cash out of the bank, which he had transferred earlier in the day. 4pm and Simon is off to to the bank to collect the cash, then off somewhere in the country to purchase a VW bay window camper, (Keith will be pleased). We will check head and block on the Rolls this morning to see if it is possible to get it back out today. Simon is now taking the Bentley to rally Saturday and has to fit in an airport collection Sunday. This is a typical day at Scott Automotive, what was planned for the day will be done another day. One telephone call and we're off.

Keith Bennett

Post23 Jun 2017 08:29

And all this by a bloke who could have retired a few years ago!

scotty

Post23 Jun 2017 20:58

The really good news was following two telephone calls by 8.30, all we planned today went to h--l. Si took off to collect a Bentley Contenetal from the paint shop, as the customer wanted to collect in the afternoon. I took off to deliver a Mercedes 280 SL into another customer's storage. I must admit a few things Simon had planned did happen. Just an ordinary day at Scott Auto.
PreviousNext

Return to Snippets