Recent new members

Come on in and say hello.
  • Author

dave the rave

Site Admin

Re: Recent new members

Post15 Jul 2015 16:51

Hi Rourke........and WELCOME.
The diff is perhaps one of the easiest items to source. A30, A35, Midget, Sprite, Morris Minor, Riley 1.5 & Wolseley 1500 all used the same item......allbeit with varying ratios. Yours will be a 4.2..........the easiest of them all to find. Ok, perhaps a pain to find in South Africa, but they're plentiful here in Blighty !
Body panels are a problem................!
Chairman Ed is correct, you really can't afford not to be a member, so as to take advantage of our spares scheme.

Mike Hodgson

Post15 Jul 2015 18:32

[quote="dave the rave"].
Yours will be a 4.2..........the easiest of them all to find. Ok,
quote]

Possibly 4.55 Dave .Early Mk2s had 948cc engine
Mike H.

Keith Bennett

Post15 Jul 2015 18:55

Hi Rourke, welcome to the forums. I'm sure the experts on here will be able to sort out your probs and we're glad to help.

rourke

Post16 Jul 2015 13:44

HI

Thanks for the help and kind words guys.

To be a member 1 has to first pay a fee is this correct? How much?

How will this membership benefit me other than the spares scheme?

do u think it will be worth it to buy the A40 farina for an estimate of 263.00 pounds? if I do the conversion from rands to pounds
I ask this as this car does not go for big money as a collectors item and would like to know if its worth it? and to restore it as well?

Thanks again for the help

stoney13

Post18 Jul 2015 15:07

welcome rourke, i do believe that there are some other members out your way and yes i does pay to be a member no matter where you live in the world
EMA KAY - racing ( A40 s/w group & Wessex group)

Keith Bennett

Post19 Jul 2015 09:30

Believe me, Rourke, your Club membership is important in several ways:

:: the annual subscription is a lowly £15 and the £7 is just a joining fee. We had to introduce that because some folk used to join for £15, get the spares they wanted, and didn't re-join the following year. This is unfair to the regular members because they support the Club all the time.
:: Members also receive a quarterly A5-format 32-page colour magazine which is paid for by the subscriptions.
:: There's also this website which itself is funded by the subs.
:: Nobody on the committee takes any expenses whatsoever and that keeps the subs so very low because they pay for Club work from their own pockets.

So far as the question of whether an A40 is worth saving; well, the old birds have survived for over 50 years now and their current owners are custodians for the next owner. Owners come and go, but the cars remain part of a dwindling number. If your car is estimated at £263 then that's a fair price for one needing a lot of work although it depends on whether she's a saloon (opening boot lid) or a Countryman model (rear window also lifts up). The Mark 1 has a wavy radiator grille while the Mark 2's is a straight one. Mark 1s tend to attract higher prices. Here in the UK the prices have increased very much over the past two or three years as people begin to realise how relatively rare the little cars have become.

Finally, never mind the perceived value - a well set-up A40 is really good fun to drive and will always attract attention because there are so few on the roads (certainly in your neck of the woods). I believe we have two other members in South Africa so you won't be waving at them very often!!

dave the rave

Site Admin

Post24 Nov 2015 01:12

Just an observation.............of the last 16 forum registrations since Sept 18th...........only 4 have visited the site, AND none have posted...............sad, very sad :?: ( 6 of the 16 are club members ).

peterhawk58

Post11 Jan 2016 18:58

Hi Dave,membership number is 3857.Regds.Peter Bowen

dave the rave

Site Admin

Post12 Jan 2016 11:13

Hi Pete. Welcome to the forum........i've opened the club side to you !!

peterhawk58

Post15 Jan 2016 17:49

Thanks Dave
PreviousNext

Return to Welcome